"Field of Dreams" Tobacco-Free Baseball Family Day!
11:00AM @ Furman University's Lathem Stadium
Saturday, May 10, 2014
Greenville Family Partnership is a recipient of
the BMW Charity Pro-Am Golf Tournament 2014
Presented by the Synnex Corporation!
Monday-Sunday, May 12-18, 2014
Gates Open @ 7AM
Course Locations: Thornblade Club, Greer, SC; Reserve at Lake Keowee, Sunset, SC; and Green Valley Country Club, Greenville, SC
The Jeanette C. Cannada / Red Ribbon Memorial Scholarship is accepting applications! All applications must be submitted by Saturday, May 3, 2014!
Since 1998, this scholarship has been awarded in honor of Jeanette Cannada, a founding member of GFP / Red Ribbon Works, who gave 30 years of service to education and the prevention of alcohol, tobacco, and other drug use among youth.
This scholarship is awarded annually to Greenville, South Carolina high school seniors and former scholarship recipients who are committed to volunteerism and living an alcohol, tobacco, and drug-free lifestyle. Recipients will be announced in May.
For more information, please contact Holli Hargett at 467-4099. Or, you may access the link below.
Thanks to Jersey Mike’s and Everyone Who Participated in the “Month / Day of Giving 2014”!
Who could have imagined that simply grabbing a bite to eat would help continue the mission of teaching the community the dangers of drugs, alcohol, tobacco, and other high risk activities? Jersey Mike’s partnered with Greenville Family Partnership (GFP) to make this very thought happen.
On March 26th, aptly named the “Day of Giving”, Jersey Mike’s graciously forwarded 100% of the day’s profit from seven designated Upstate locations to GFP. Not only did Jersey Mike’s do this, but they also allowed for and encouraged donations to GFP for the entire month of March! On the “Day of Giving,” the locations were packed and there were many people happy to donate to our cause. The donations will go towards updating materials, programs, and more of the numerous things we do here at GFP.
GFP would, collectively, like to thank Jersey Mike’s for allowing us to be the beneficiary of the Jersey Mike’s “Month / Day of Giving” 2014 and we would also like to thank every person that contributed to this event, either through a purchase or donation.
Thank you for helping GFP keep kids off alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs!
Written by: Kasey Morey, GFP Youth Intern
2014 “Are You Above The Influence? Show Me”:
Youth Making a Difference in Schools and Communities!
Help Teens Guard Against Distracted Driving!
In today’s world of “driving while texting / talking, teens can easily get distracted. But the “Guard Your Life Challenge / BMW Driving Experience” can teach teens ages 15-19 how to avoid the dangers of distracted driving. Visit http://guardyourlifechallenge.com/Driving_Experience.html.
- Safe Homes Parent Support Network
- "A Parent's Guide to the Teen Brain
- "Above the Influence (for teens)
- Bath Salts: It Could Cause You to Lose Not Only a Limb But Also Your Life!
- Bath Salts, K2 / Spice – A Synthetic Drug Guide for Parents and Other Influencers
- Bath Salts SlideShare Presentation / Partnership for a Drug Free America
- Crucial Conversations Tip Card
- DEA Synthetic Drugs Fact Sheets
- Dragonfly: What this Deadly New Drug Means for Your Family!
- "Drugs of Abuse for Parents"
- Easy-to-Read Drug Facts / National Institute on Drug Abuse
- Family Check Up: Positive Parenting Prevents Drug Abuse
- Get Smart About Drugs / DEA
- How to Talk to Your Kids About Substance Abuse! (She Knows.com)
- Media Awareness: A School Guide (AdMedia)
- Parents’ Translational Research Center / Treatment Research Institute
- PACT 360 (Partnership for a Drug Free America)
- Put Your Medicines Up and Away and Out of Sight!
- Talking to Your Child About Drugs (Recovery Connection)
- Teaching Kids About Drugs and Alcohol (Addiction 401)
- Teen Drinking Infographic: Your Teens Are Listening. What Are You Saying? (MADD)
- Too Smart to Start
Parenting Classes—enhance the parenting skills of parents, grandparents, and other caring adults; help in the development of positive discipline, communication & anger management skills, and increase the knowledge of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs.
GFP offers the following parenting classes:
- Parenting Wisely — enhances parenting skills & instills confidence in parents of young children. Download Brochure
- Back in Control — helps parents get “back in control” when a kid or teen is “out of control” (Provided in Cooperation with the SC Dept. of Juvenile Justice) Download Brochure
- TransParenting - helps divorced parents communicate effectively in regards to children to lessen the negative effects of divorce on kids; it is nationally recognized by courts and attorneys. More Info or Download Brochure
- Other Classes
Parenting Classes may also be tailored to suit a particular topic or audience. For more information or to schedule a parenting class, contact Lynn Hooper or Terry Taylor at 467-4099. Or, you may send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.