It's May and Prom Season Is Almost Over! But You Still Have Time to Talk to Your Teens About Alcohol!
The "CASA Family Day" blog shares ideas on how to prevent substance use in children and provides fun tips & tools for parents to stay connected to kids! So, check out the "Alcohol: The Most Popular Teen Drug" blog post! It will really open your eyes!
The Jeanette C. Cannada / Red Ribbon Memorial Scholarship Committee is accepting applications! All applications must be submitted by May 4, 2015!
Since 1998, this scholarship has been awarded in honor of Jeanette Cannada, a founding member of GFP / Red Ribbon Works, who gave 30 years of service to education and the prevention of alcohol, tobacco, and other drug use among youth.
This scholarship is awarded annually to Greenville, South Carolina high school seniors and former scholarship recipients who are committed to volunteerism and living an alcohol, tobacco, and drug-free lifestyle. Recipients will be announced in May.
For more details, please contact Holli Hargett at 467-4099. Or, you may access the link below.
Greenville Family Partnership is a recipient of
the BMW Charity Pro-Am Golf Tournament 2015
Presented by the Synnex Corporation!
Thursday-Sunday, May 14-17, 2015
Gates Open @ 7AM
Course Locations: Thornblade Club, Greer, SC; Reserve at Lake Keowee, Sunset, SC; and Green Valley Country Club, Greenville, SC
To learn how to sign up to be a GFP Volunteer at the BMW Golf Tournament, click here!
To buy a $10.00 ticket for a specific and entire day during the tournament, contact Katherine Royal at 467-4099.
Thank You to Everyone Who Participated in Jersey Mike’s "Month of Giving" 2015!
If you made a donation during Jersey Mike's "Month of Giving" or bought a sub on Jersey Mike's "Day of Giving", Greenville Family Partnership (GFP) would like to thank you for your support and your generosity! A total of $12,249.78 was raised!
Thank you for joining GFP and Jersey Mike's in keeping kids in our community healthy, safe, and drug-free!
- Safe Homes Parent Support Network
- "A Parent's Guide to the Teen Brain
- "Above the Influence (for teens)
- Bath Salts, K2 / Spice – A Synthetic Drug Guide for Parents and Other Influencers
- Crucial Conversations Tip Card
- DEA Synthetic Drugs Fact Sheets
- Dragonfly: What this Deadly New Drug Means for Your Family!
- "Drugs of Abuse for Parents"
- Easy-to-Read Drug Facts / National Institute on Drug Abuse
- Family Check Up: Positive Parenting Prevents Drug Abuse
- Get Smart About Drugs / DEA
- How to Talk to Your Kids About Substance Abuse! (She Knows.com)
- Marijuana Use & Educational Outcomes Graphic (NIDA)
- Media Awareness: A School Guide (AdMedia)
- Parental Engagement Isn’t Rocket Science: Commentary
- “Parenting Drug-Free Children” Newsletter (Research Institute on Addictions)
- Parents’ Translational Research Center / Treatment Research Institute
- PACT 360 (Partnership for a Drug Free America)
- Put Your Medicines Up and Away and Out of Sight!
- Smart Moves, Smart Choices (Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention)
- Talking to Your Child About Drugs (Recovery Connection)
- Teaching Kids About Drugs and Alcohol (Addiction 401)
- Teen Drinking Infographic: Your Teens Are Listening. What Are You Saying? (MADD)
- Too Smart to Start
Parenting Classes—enhance the parenting skills of parents, grandparents, and other caring adults; help in the development of positive discipline, communication & anger management skills, and increase the knowledge of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs.
GFP offers the following parenting classes:
- Parenting Wisely — enhances parenting skills & instills confidence in parents of young children. Download Brochure
- Back in Control — helps parents get “back in control” when a kid or teen is “out of control” (Provided in Cooperation with the SC Dept. of Juvenile Justice) Download Brochure
- TransParenting - helps divorced parents communicate effectively in regards to children to lessen the negative effects of divorce on kids; it is nationally recognized by courts and attorneys. More Info or Download Brochure
- Other Classes
Parenting Classes may also be tailored to suit a particular topic or audience. For more information or to schedule a parenting class, contact Lynn Hooper or Terry Taylor at 467-4099. Or, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Have You Heard That A New Brand Of E-cigarettes Is Being Promoted As A Newer, Hipper, Cooler Cigarette? Do you think that smoking e-cigarettes is safer than smoking regular cigarettes? Or, do you think the vapor emitted by e-cigarettes is just as dangerous as secondhand smoke?
To read this and other blog articles; national drug trend news; local opinion; and to view our community events calendar and drug prevention newsletters, visit our Blog. If you have an opinion you would like to share, we would love to hear it.